Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Utah, porn capital of America

What state has the highest percentage of online porn consumers?

Yes, it's Utah.

Your eyes aren't deceiving you, according to this recent study out of Harvard: in percentage of population, Utah consumed the highest online adult content subscriptions. And with such a high ratio of Mormons living in that state, well, you can guess what that means.

The study also found more "family values" states had a greater appetite for porn than those that weren't. In states where a majority of residents agreed with the statement "I have old-fashioned values about family and marriage," people were almost four times more likely to consume online porn than in states where a majority disagreed.

The Mormon hotties calendar below isn't a joke, either. You can buy that online here. (I also discovered on that webpage if you hover your cursor over each guy's photo in the upper right corner on the "meet the missionaries" page, you can see him barechested.)

At one of the places I lived in Los Angeles, our neighborhood was heavily canvassed by Mormon missionaries. Truth be told, most of them were geeky. There was one remarkable exception, however. He was tall, broad-shouldered, and very nicely put together with a great smile and dazzling green eyes.

I did think about attempting to seduce him. I suspect, however, he was well trained to resist temptation. He was partnered with a particularly unattractive guy. I can't think that was an accident. Those bishops know about girls like me out there.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

*Faints* That's what they look like under that white shirt and skinny black tie? Maybe next time I'll let one of them in...

brisfun said...

Hey hypersexual girl,
why all this posts of guys?
why not some more girl photos?

Advizor54 said...

Your post caught my eye and I did a little more reading on the web about this survey. I'm sure that not everyone is thrilled to have their state (all conservative states get tagged in the survey) but there are a lot of problems with the study itself.

For more reading, check out

http://www.getreligion.org/?p=8408

I love your blog! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

The data doesn't show that certain red states consume more porn, just that they (ever-so-slightly) tend to pay more for it. Perhaps Democratic-leaning states are better at using search engines to find the stuff for free online?

That getreligion.org article from Advizor seems to suffer from outrage for outrage's sake. Not a single worthwhile point. To be expected, of course, and kind of funny to see the angry foot-stamping.