While this appeared in a novel set in the early twentieth century, unfortunately it's still true.
I'm a woman who, like most females, knows many other women. And I have to say, I just don't get this about my frigid "sisters," to borrow a term from feminist-speak. I never have.
I'm now happily married. I have no interest in sleeping with anyone but my husband. With that said, I see certain men, and I still think, "wow, I bet he's a hot fuck."
A case in point, I saw a young guy in the supermarket the other day stocking shelves. He didn't notice me checking him out, but if I was still single, I certainly would've struck up a conversation with him with an eye toward getting him into bed sooner rather than later. He was good looking and very muscular with sensual lips. I know enough about men to know he probably was a pretty decent lover.
I know other women who think like this way about men, but they're a definite minority. I tend to form friendships, with a few exceptions, with women who think like me.
I just can't understand those "other" girls, the ones who have little to no interest in sex.
I feel like Cher in Moonstruck; I just want to slap them and say "snap out of it!"
Where do women learn this kind of stuff? Their mothers? Is it all biological?
Maybe it's the whole societal thing, with women still programed to think about finding a husband.
4 comments:
hmmm, how would you start a conversation with him without being obvious? I love people that can do that. Share your knowledge and expertise :)
i think it's both - genetics and societal and/or familial programming.
it's a long, hard road getting from where "we" are to where you are.
sadly, some never make it.
Wow that's a great photo. And with the machine on fast spin I dare say it would be mind-blowing for her.
true/\....
Post a Comment