I don't think the article defined what "thinking about sex" exactly entailed. I guess it was some kind of random sexual thought, a momentary fantasy, a random moment of lust directed at an unknown hot female passerby.
Now I was no math whiz in school but I do know the difference between mean and median. That doesn't mean more than half of men are thinking about sex every six minutes or more frequently. But to achieve that average of six minutes, a whole lot of men are at least thinking about sex a lot. Women, conversely, have other things on their mind.
I bring all this up because I think about sex probably close to every six minutes. I guess I'm in the 99th percentile or something for women. I see an attractive male, and the first thought running through my mind is "what's he like in bed?" Or maybe "if I was still single, how likely could I seduce him?" Or "I wonder how good he is giving oral?"
If I'm thinking about sex every six minutes, that probably means women are out there thinking about it every six weeks. We have to average each other out to get the nine hours thing.
2 comments:
Your husband is a lucky lucky man.
Snopes says "nope" -- http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/thinksex.asp
The Kinsey reports only use "at least once a day" as their minimum quantum increment.
Post a Comment