Thursday, February 9, 2017

presidential hunk

I was reading about Teddy Roosevelt the other day online and saw some pictures from when he was a student at Harvard University. The photos don't like: Teddy was a hottie, as you can see in the shot below.

He also looks pretty buff without his shirt, a few years later.

Once he passed his mid-twenties, however, he seems to have thickened up in the body and took to wearing his trademark glasses and scowl, so the hotness factor dialed way, way back.

I've only read generally about Teddy and never a book-length biography, which I plan on remedying very soon. He arguably was one of our best Presidents and certainly miles ahead of the preening boob that currently occupies the White House.

What amazes me most about Teddy was how he died at only sixty, which was somewhat young even for 1919. He was always very physically active but died rather suddenly of a blood clot in his lungs.

Havard has more interesting Roosevelt material on their official blog for those looking to learn more about the 26th President.

No comments: