I ran my own listing several times but was mostly disappointed with the results. I would include things in my ad like "must be very fit" and "must supply pics," but most guys responded without pictures or, if they did, they looked like they last stumbled into a gym around 1994.
I had better luck responding to ads men placed, particularly if they included pictures, because you'd see what you were getting before even making contact. You'd know up-front they weren't 50 miles away or wanted to lick your feet for two hours or looked like their hobbies included donut-eating contests.
I would always insist we meet first at some safe public place, so I could see if his pictures matched his ad, he wasn't a total loser, or had some kind of bad odor. Then, if we connected, we'd adjourn to a hotel. Most guys would agree to this, and if they didn't, I wouldn't play. No sense inviting an ax murderer over to your house for cookies and sex.
Some guys I met through Craigslist were not worth a second encounter, but some definitely were.
Jules was my first successful Craigslist bootycall when I lived in Los Angeles. He was hot-looking, tall, muscular, an actor, and a complete asshole. I couldn't stand talking to the guy for more than five minutes, because all he liked to discuss was himself and his big dick. But he was great in bed, and that's all that mattered. After I moved to Las Vegas, I would still see Jules on occasion when he came to sin city. When I was no longer available, I sent him an email telling him such. He responded in typical Jules arrogance: "When you're tired of him and need some real attention, just let me know."
Chet was a great Los Angeles Craigslist bootycall. I thought for a long time he was married, but he insisted he was not. He was more often unavailable than not, but he was worth the wait. I suspected he had a bunch of other female "friends with benefits" but never pried for details. Chad wasn't the most handsome guy I've ever seen, but he was very tall, extremely muscular, in fantastic shape, and an excellent pussy hound. He was a sweet guy and fun both in and out of bed. Chad and I hooked up a few more times after I moved to Nevada. He contacted me shortly before I left for Australia, and I told him I was no longer in play. He sent back the nicest email in response, wishing me the best of luck.
Dwayne was a Vegas Craigslist find. He traveled extensively for his job and passed through town every six or seven weeks. He was from Texas, an ex-powerlifter, ex-bull rider, ex-Marine who was very easy on the eyes. He always insisted on treating me to dinner before we adjourned to his hotel room. He often said he could never be monogamous because he loved women too much. A true gentleman and an excellent pussy eater, he was otherwise not the most imaginative man in bed and made the funniest noises when he climaxed. But he was fun nonetheless. He was also very sweet when I told him I was out of circulation.
Ward was a Vegas guy I also met through Craigslist. He had a very cute face and abs to die for but not too much between the ears. Ward loved two things: sex and the gym, in that order, and spent all his free time pursuing one or the other. He told me point blank he had about ten female friends with benefits around Vegas and would hook up with the first one whom he found free. If you weren't available, he'd try you again next time, no explanations necessary. He was never good for more than about 30 minutes but was a great, boisterous fuck while he lasted. When I sent him an email telling him that I was no longer single and thus unavailable, I learned he had a reading comprehension problem. He messaged something back like, "am of work al day tursday if u wana meet." I had to call him and explain in simple, monosyllabic terms. His response was like, "okay, whatever." D'oh.
I've learned from men friends that responding to Craigslist ads by women are largely a waste of time, because most of them are placed by escorts. But ladies, if you're looking for some no-strings-attached sex, comb through the listings in your area. Yes, you'll find some weird ads -- "must be very tall asian BBW who likes giving enemas while making bird calls" -- but you might find something fun.
As a coda here, I was surfing through Craigslist to find a random guy's picture to include with this post. I found the one below for a married guy looking for some discreet action. Like, hello, you don't think your wife might recognize the picture with that pathetic attempt to obscure your face? She wouldn't recognize the clothes, the stance, the fireplace? None of your friends will recognize you, either? How about the other people in that photo whom you've blanked out? Ya think?

(A reminder that this post was written in advance and that I'm currently traveling, so I will not be able to respond to comments and email until I'm back online regularly.)
3 comments:
I ran a craig's brief encounter listing a few weeks ago & was very pleased with the results. I live in an east coast city so maybe things are different out west. I had around 400 responses alone in the first two days. Most were duds but about 10% were pretty impressive. I've already met up with several of them & they didn't disappoint. You have a great blog & I look forward to your daily posts.
Thumbs up from me on Craiglist too. I was getting divorced and feeling lousy so I ended up surfing the site one day. On a crazy impulse I answered a guy's ad who looked very nice and had a funny sense of humor. He didn't have time for a relatinship but missed the companionship of a woman. I was very nervous meeting him for the first time because I had only been with my ex and one other man. He was not at all pushy just offered to give me a massage the first time we hooked up. He ended up seducing me and giving me my first orgasm. We now have something of a regular relationship even though that was something neither of us wanted. I joke with him if we ever have a son I'm going to name him Craig.
My favorite craig ad is a guy offering "erratic massage". He lists nearly every week and has never fixed his listing.
Post a Comment