He is, not surprising to me, being very macho about the whole thing. I've only seen a little wincing when he moves, but he has spent most of the day lounging on the couch. After we got home, he watched a little TV, napped, and I read to him for a while. I can tell he's in some discomfort because he's not moving around much nor eating anything substantial. He's not normally restless, but he's certainly not sedate either.
The doctor gave him some pain medication, but of course James would have none of that because he's Mr. Tough Guy. He did finally take a little Panadol after supper, which is what they call Tylenol here, and is sleeping quietly now.
As we were getting ready to leave the outpatient facility today, the doctor said to refrain from sexual activity for a week and not to do any strenuous exercise for six weeks. As she turned away, the still-groggy James shot me a look which seemed to suggest he wouldn't necessarily be following doctor's orders.
Several weeks ago I had a pretty serious ear infection so I was too zonked from the medication to want any sex for two days. I do know, however, as I was recovering my libido seemed to suddenly reawaken without warning, and I was outrageously horny all of a sudden. Knowing James as I do, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened to him. So I'll be ready and waiting.
Somebody should tell this poor thing if she holds the stethescope there, she's not likely to hear anything at all. I wonder how the ditzy nurse stereotype originated, considering I've never met a RN who wasn't very intelligent.
3 comments:
I don't know, depending on how loose she is, she just might hear the ocean in that thing.
Seriously though, best of luck to James and here's hoping for a speedy recovery! I want him back on his feet and getting you off of yours as quickly as possible :)
I do have a question I think our readers might be interested to know...in the few months you have known James, what is the longest period of time you two have gone without having sex with each other?
The longest would be the first week we met. We went Tuesday to Saturday without any poking but we also didn't see each other between those two days.
The trip from Los Angeles to Sydney was actually about three days if you count out the hours, not accounting for the international date line, and we were together that entire time. When I had my ear infection, we went two days without.
If something doesn't happen soon (!) we'll be breaking those records this week. I will leave it up to him when it's comfortable enough for him. He knows I'll be ready any time he wants!
what operation did he have done?
Post a Comment