If I had to hazard a semi-educated guess, I would speculate this was shot on one of those condo balconies on Fountain between Gower and Vine. When I first moved to Los Angeles, I lived in Hollywood for a while, and even though I later moved elsewhere in the city, I passed through The Wood almost every day. (For those who don't know, Hollywood is actually part of Los Angeles and is not a separate city.)
I still miss Los Angeles and California so much. Some days here in Sydney, the warm, dry wind remind me so much of Southland breezes.
Hubby and I have talked many times about taking an extended visit back to the States. We had planned to do it last year, but then I got pregnant and we didn't want to make a long trip then.
Now is the time to get off the dime on this. James has turned down oversees diving gigs several times in the last two or three years but none of them were in the US, but maybe he can find one back in America to partly fund the journey.
The one drawback is the idea of two small kids on a long, long flight across the Pacific. If we made it into an adventure for Joey, and packed plenty of distractions, we could probably keep him entertained most of the whole trip.
I want to make this happen. I'm tired of waiting. I've been gone eight years. I gotta cure these homesick blues.

2 comments:
Is James a commercial diver? California can be a very hard market, unless you're in the union.
Hi Karl. No, he's not a commercial driver. He's a frogman with a very specialized experience. Fortunately, there's a high demand for what he does and a limited supply of qualified divers due to technical requirements for his specialty.
Post a Comment