Wednesday, August 10, 2016

tumblr's jackboots

In addition to this blog, I have a daily picture journal on Tumblr. I've been doing it since 2008 and post three erotic pictures a day plus a quote.

So I've put up more than 8,000 spicy images on that blog since it was started, and I have more than 46,000 followers. This week, for the first time, I received a rather onerous notice from Tumblr that one of the photos was removed because of a copyright complaint.

I had no problem with a photo being removed. What I did have a problem with was the pissy way Tumblr informed me that I now had a "strike" on my account -- two more and by blog would be vanished. I could, however, dispute the strike, so I did.

In their corporate stupidity, however, they refuse to show me or tell me what that image was. They sent me a link with a twelve-digit number to where the image used to be, but since they pulled it before they notified me, I have no idea what it was.

I have responded to Tumblr several times, but I only receive back what look like automated messages. They demanded I sign a draconian document before my strike appeal would be considered, but again since I have no idea what the image, I refused to do that.

What really boils my hide is it appears the person who demanded the photo be removed is a tranny who posts photos of him/herself on his/her blog. I discovered this by Googling the name of the person who made the copyright complaint (the boilerplate Tumblr sent me does not comply with copyright law, I was quickly able to determine by researching that online, but it does at least list the complainant).

The same tranny also appears to be a copyright troll, someone who pretends to protect copyrights he does not hold in order to extort "settlements" out of people. Copyright trolls have a reputation for duping large entities like Google and Yahoo (the latter owns Tumblr) into helping them with their scams because the big corporations don't want to be sued.

I have never used any tranny pictures on my blog. The women are almost always nude and they have all their appropriate lady parts.

Whatever the outcome, I hope Tumblr doesn't kill my journal. I've saved all the photos but it would be a pain to lose everything because of one cross-dressing asshole and monolithic corporate idiocy.

No comments: