The 1957 film had been hailed by film historians and scholars as one of the best examples of post-war cinema. It also is included in a number of prominent "best of" listings.
So why does Affleck think he needs to remake this movie? The BBC already has a television version in production by the same team that produced, directed, and wrote the recent and highly acclaimed And Then There Were None.
I've liked a lot of Ben Affleck's movies, but I'm already skeptical this can be anywhere near as good as the great Wilder version. Some classics just don't need to be remade for the big screen and this is one of them.
If the movie ever is made, I predict it will be an expensive flop.
If you've never seen the 1957 film, grab hold of a copy and watch it soon. The film is widely available on DVD and streaming services.

No comments:
Post a Comment